What StormSafe means for you
Storms can happen anywhere, at any time of the year. It is important to be prepared.
Storms can cause major damage and disruption to businesses and there are specific impacts that business owners need to be aware of including:
- Employer and employee Workplace Health and Safety
- Loss of records
- Loss of stock
- Loss of reputation
Preparing for storms can significantly reduce these impacts, prevent loss of life and reduce damage to structures, stock and equipment.
Part of any business plan is business continuity and planning for potential storms is a part of this.
Find out about storm risks, types and hazards with the below links:
For general information on what to do before, during and after a storm, visit the following pages:
Businesses may need to look at other impacts which are storm related along with the generic information above such as:
- Impacts on employees and how this may impact business continuity
- Impacts of storms on business premises outside of business hours
- Storm insurance
- Impacts of storms on suppliers
- Impacts of storms on customers